For more than two decades, the FREE Central Avenue Jazz Festival has been a favorite among the millions of people who have enjoyed the revered summer event over the years. Returning on July 27-28 from 11 a.m.-7 p.m., the street festival honors the historic rich cultural legacy of Central Avenue—once considered the epicenter of Jazz music.
Each year, the Central Avenue Jazz Festival draws people from throughout the state to enjoy live entertainment from legends and rising stars across four stages along Central Avenue between King Boulevard and Vernon Avenue. The District 9 block party will also include:
- Health & Wellness Pavilion will provide free and confidential medical services for everyone in the family, including health and dental screenings, as well as health seminars on stroke and cancer awareness.
- An Art Pavilion, curated by LA Mancha Gallery, will feature cutting-edge artwork from top artists in Los Angeles, as well as live art demonstrations from local muralists and graffiti artists.
- The NEW 9th Business & Jobs Pavilion will bring together top companies, business owners and job seekers to disseminate an assortment of resources and related services.
- Balfour Beatty Youth Pavilion where children can come face-to-face with animal ambassadors from the Los Angeles Zoo and take part in other fun activities like jumpers and rock wall climbing presented by the Department of Recreation and Parks. Art Active LA and LACMA will lead hands-on arts & crafts classes.
- An array of food trucks and vendors that will provide a variety of multicultural dishes such as Cajun traditions, gourmet hamburgers, vegan options and Soul Food for purchase
Festival parking is extremely limited, public transit and ride sharing is highly recommended. For more information on the 24th Annual Central Avenue Jazz Festival, including a Lyft discount code and parking information, please visit www.centralavejazzfest.com or call Councilman Price's Constituent Service Center at (323) 846-2651.