The City of Los Angeles aims to promote and protect the health, safety and welfare of animals and people through various services provided by the Animal Services Department. Click on the links below for general information about animal-related services, or visit the Animal Services Department website for more detailed information.
Adopt a Pet
- Find a shelter location or search for adoptable animals by shelter
- Learn more about discounts for senior adopters
- Save a life - become a kitten or puppy foster parent
- Find a lost pet
- License your dogs and your horses
- Vaccinate your pet
- Spay and neuter policies and resources
- Report a dangerous animal in your neighborhood
- Read about wildlife FAQ
- Contact the Bureau of Sanitation for dead animal removal
- Report excessive barking or animal cruelty
- Obtain permits for animal-related businesses, activities, and exhibitions
Volunteer & Donate Now!
Volunteers assist LA Animal Services by helping to adopt animals reuniting lost pets with their owners providing humane education care maintenance and participating in Mobile Adoptions. Visit the Animal Services volunteer page for more information.
Several special funds are set-up to accept donations and individual gifts to augment programs and activities of the Animal Services Department. Go to the Animal Services donation page to make your online donation or contact the Department at (213) 482-9558 to discuss other donation options.