The mission of LA’s Department of Transportation (LADOT) is to lead transportation planning, project delivery, and operations in the City of Los Angeles and to work together and collaborate to deliver a safe, livable, and well-run transportation system in the city and region.
For more information about the LADOT please visit their website at ladot.lacity.org. Links to some of LADOT’s most popular information is listed below.
To report a problem or request a service you may also call their 24 hour customer care hotline at 1-866-561-9742
Parking Tickets or Towed Car?
- Parking Violations Bureau - Pay or contest a parking citation and request parking related services
- Public Services Center - Parking Volation Bureau office locations
- Police Garages - Official Police garage locations
- Towed Vehicle Lookup - Lookup if and where you car may have been towed to
Where Do I Park?
- Can I Park There? - Parking laws for the City and the State
- parkinginla.lacity.org - LA’s Public Parking Locator
- LA Express Park™ - a program that fuses technology and demand-based pricing into an innovative parking management strategy
Take a Bus or Rail
- ladottransit.com - Information on the City’s DASH and Commuter Express bus services
- CityRide - Transportation assistance program for individuals age 65 or older and qualified disabled persons in the City of Los Angeles and select areas of Los Angeles County
- metro.net - Information on the County’s bus and light rail systems
- metrolinktrains.com - Information on Metrolink trains which operate on seven routes across a six-county, 538 route-mile network
Ride a Bike
- Bike Metro - Learn more about the County’s bike sharing programs and bike parking rules
- LADOT Bike Program - learn about LADOT’s efforts to implement bikeways and programs that support bicycling in Los Angeles