UPDATE: For information about the November 3, 2020 General Election please visit https://www.lacity.org/highlights/find-nearest-vote-center-and-official-ballot-drop-box-locations-for-november-3rd-2020-general
Los Angeles City Clerk Holly L. Wolcott reminds eligible voters that the voting period for the Primary Nominating Election begins on February 22, 2020. The City’s Municipal Primary Nominating Election will be conducted by the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (County) on March 3, 2020.
The County will be implementing the Voting Solutions for All People (VSAP), a redesigned voting experience which will bring various changes to the Election process such as:
- Vote centers will replace neighborhood polling precincts in the County. As a result, voters will be able to vote at any vote center throughout the County.
- New Digital Ballot Marking Devices (BMD) will print a paper ballot.
- Extended voting periods, will allow voters to vote up to 11 consecutive days, including Election Day.
- Interactive Sample Ballots are available online visit: https://isb.lavote.net
- Vote-By-Mail ballots may be returned in their postage-paid envelope and dropped off at any vote center or at Vote-By-Mail Drop Boxes available throughout the County. To find your nearest drop box visit: https://locator.lavote.net/locations/vbm
Voter registration can be updated in-person at any vote center to cast a conditional ballot. To find a convenient vote center visit: https://locator.lavote.net/locations/vc
In an effort to inform the public, residents will receive three mailers: their official sample ballot, a booklet of all vote center locations, and a postcard identifying the three closest vote center locations to their registered address.
For more information visit https://lavote.net.
The City’s Primary Nominating Election will be held on March 3, 2020, and the General Municipal Election will be held November 3, 2020. While the City conducted the candidate filing portion of the Elections, the County will administer the Elections.
For inquiries related to the County’s administration of the elections, please call (800) 815-2666.