For the November 3rd General Election, all registered voters in California, registered by the October 19th deadline will automatically be sent a Vote-By-Mail Ballot. This allows all voters the chance to vote safely at home without needing to be in a public space. There are three ways to return the Vote-By-Mail Ballot:
- Voters can mail their ballot. Please note the United States Postal Service (USPS) recommends returning ballots as early as October 27 to avoid any possible delays. However, if a ballot is postmarked by Election Day on Nov. 3 and received within 17 days, it will be accepted.
- Voters can use an Official Vote-By-Mail Drop Box location. Find locations at https://locator.lavote.net/locations/vbm
- Voters can return their ballot at any Vote Center in Los Angeles County. Find your nearest Vote Center at https://locator.lavote.net/
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE AND CHECK YOUR REGISTRATION STATUS:
- Register Online at https://registertovote.ca.gov/
- Check registration status at https://voterstatus.sos.ca.gov/
CONDITIONAL VOTER REGISTRATION:
Eligible Los Angeles County residents who miss the registration deadline can still vote at any Vote Center in L.A. County. Under California Election Law, Conditional Voter Registration (CVR) allows a prospective voter to conditionally register and cast a ballot. For more information please visit https://lavote.net/home/voting-elections/voter-registration/conditional-voter-registration.