The full strategy document can be downloaded from the City Administrative Officer’s website.
Homeless Strategy Committee Meetings
- The fourth Thursday of each month at 11:15 a.m. in the CAO Main Conference Room on the 15th Floor of City Hall East at 200 N. Main Street Los Angeles, CA 90012.
- Committee agendas and meeting materials can be downloaded at the City Administrative Officer’s Comprehensive Homeless Strategy webpage.
Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) 85.02 – Vehicle Dwelling
Maps illustrating where vehicular dwelling may be permitted can be found here.
Persons may use a vehicle as a dwelling:
- Daytime Hours – between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. – more than one block (500 feet) away from licensed schools, pre-schools, daycare facilities, or parks; and,
- Nighttime Hours – between 9:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. – in non-residential areas which are more than one block (500 feet) away from licensed schools, pre-schools or daycare facilities or parks.
- At all times, vehicle dwellers must comply with all posted parking restrictions.
- Under no circumstances may a vehicle remain parked in the same location for more than 72 hours in a row.
Vehicle dwelling is prohibited at all times within one block (500 feet) of licensed schools, pre-schools, daycare facilities, or parks.