- Rent payment assistance is available from the County of Los Angeles. Visit the 211 LA County website or call their 2-1-1 hotline, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, for more information.
- The Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA) is a state-chartered public agency that provides the largest stock of affordable housing in Los Angeles and is one of the nation's leading public housing authorities.
Home Repairs & Rehabilitation
- Section 8 housing home repairs as well as repairs for properties under other housing programs can be requested by visiting the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA).
- Home repairs for the elderly or low income are available under the Handyworker Program. The program provides free minor home repairs to low-income senior (62 years and older) or disabled resident homeowners or homeowners with disabled relatives residing with them. Emergency repairs that directly affect the health and safety of occupants are also provided to other low-income homeowners.
Rent Stabilization / “Rent Control”
The following services are provided by the Los Angeles Housing + Community Investment Department:
- Determine if your residence is under the Rent Stabilization Ordinance.
- Learn more about allowable rent increases.
- Find information about annual rental registration fees.
- The Department of Building and Safety handles building code violations for condos, single-family homes, and hotels.
- The Los Angeles Housing and Community Investment Department handles building code violations for multi-unit rental properties.
- Mobile home or park violations are normally referred to the State of California.