Financial Assistance

  • Rent Payment Assistance.  Help with paying rent may be available from the County of Los Angeles.  Call Los Angeles County’s 2-1-1 for more information.
  • Affordable Housing.  The Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA) is a state-chartered public agency that provides the largest stock of affordable housing in Los Angeles and is one of the nation's leading public housing authorities.  HACLA’s annual budget is more than $ 1 billion, which come from five main sources: US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) annual operating subsidy, HUD annual Capital Fund, Section 8 administrative fees, rent from public housing residents plus other program and capital grants from various sources.  Learn more.

Home Repairs and Rehabilitation

  • Section 8 Housing Home Repairs.  To request repairs on Properties under Section 8 and other Housing Programs, contact the Housing Authority of the City of Los Angeles (HACLA).
  • Home Repairs for the Elderly or Low Income.  The Handyworker Program provides free minor home repairs to low-income senior (62 years and older) or disabled resident homeowners or homeowners with disabled relatives residing with them. Emergency repairs that directly affect the health and safety of occupants are also provided to other low-income homeowners. See the service on Home Repair & Rehabilitation Assistance for Homeowners for more detail and resource links.

Rent Stabilization / "Rent Control"

  • Is my residence under rent stabilization?  See the introductory information about the Rent Stabilization Ordinance on the Los Angeles Housing + Community Investment Department website.
  • How much is the allowable rent increase this year?  See the Los Angeles Housing + Community Investment Department's Allowable Rent Increases bulletin.
  • How much is the rental registration fee and can tenants be charged for it?  Annual rental registration and fee information is available in the latest General Information bulletin on the Los Angeles Housing + Community Investment Department website. 

Code Enforcement