The LA CityView Media Group was honored with four STAR Awards at the recent 21st Annual SCAN NATOA conference. The competition recognizes the best in government cable television programming in California and Nevada. SCAN NATOA is a chapter of a national telecommunications organization, NATOA.
The City of Los Angeles received STAR Awards for:
- Best Public/Community Meetings - "LA City Council"
- Best Weekly News Show - "LA This Week"
- Best Public Service Announcement - "What Did You Do Last Week?"
- Best Live Programming - "Mayor Eric Garcetti State of the City 2016"
"It's exciting to see the hard work of the LA CityView staff recognized by our peers," said Ted Lin, Station Manager, "after installing new equipment and upgrading to HD, we are proud to have our efforts rewarded in this way."
The channel also received seven Certificates of Excellence for other programming efforts.
- Best Use of Graphics - "LA City Council Opening"
- Best Use of Set Design - "LA This Week"
- Documentary Profile - "Making LA Happen"
- Election Coverage - "LA City Votes: Candidate Statements"
- Public Service Announcement - MYLA311
- Social Media Efforts - "LA This Week"
- Overall Excellence in Government Programming (Over $400k Operating
LA CityView 35 tied with the City of Torrance for most honors (11) at the event.
The National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors (NATOA) is a non-profit professional organization serving local governments and regional authorities in the development, regulation, and administration of cable franchises and other telecommunications systems. The States of California & Nevada Chapter (SCAN) of NATOA hosts the annual conference and presents the STAR Awards, which recognizes excellence in government programming.