A Mobile is the official mobile ticketing app for LADOT Transit! The app offers a convenient way for you to purchase and use tickets and passes instantly on your phone—anywhere, anytime. LA Mobile also gives you access to real time information and trip planning tools.
Just download the free app, register your debit/credit card in our secure system, and you're ready to go.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS APP:
- No need to carry cash or count exact change.
- Buy and use fares instantly using a debit/credit card.
- Store multiple tickets on your phone for future use.
- Register your debit/credit card(s) in our secure system.
- Purchase tickets on your phone or on any computer via our website.
HOW IT WORKS:
- CHOOSE SERVICE: DASH or Commuter Express
- CHOOSE FARE: DASH 31-Day Pass, DASH 20 Trip Tickets, Commuter Express 31-Day Pass (Base, Zones 1 to 4), Commuter Express 20 Trip Tickets (Base, Zones 1 to 4)
- CHOOSE QUANTITY: You can buy multiple tickets to use later. (A $5 minimum purchase is required.)
- CHECK OUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, or your PayPal account.
Do I need to be connected?
An Internet connection is required to purchase tickets, but you can use/activate your tickets offline.
What if my battery dies?
Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times, so be sure to plan ahead!
- Don't uninstall the LA Mobile app or erase your phone without transferring your unused tickets first. Your tickets are stored on your phone (which makes it possible to use them without an Internet connection), so uninstalling the app can permanently erase your tickets!
- Activate your ticket when you see your bus approaching. Display your ticket to the bus driver and tap the ticket screen to validate using Lights On feature.
- Watch your battery level... Just like with paper tickets, you're responsible for making sure you have a valid fare at all times.
- We suggest you create an account before purchasing tickets, as this is the only way you can transfer your unused tickets if you get a new phone. (Note: Only unused tickets can be transferred. Use up any activated tickets before switching phones).
Android versions 2.3.3+
- A wi-fi or cell connection is necessary to purchase tickets, but not to use them.
STAY IN TOUCH:
Learn more about LA Mobile and sign up for email updates at http://ladottransit.com/lamobile. We'd also love to hear your feedback and suggestions for improving this app: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.