877 ASK-LAPD - Non-emergency Police Service

Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD)
Public Safety & Emergency Services
Crime Control and Prevention

877 ASK-LAPD is the police department's primary non-emergency number. Use 877 ASK-LAPD for all of your non-emergency police needs. 877 ASK-LAPD is available 24 hours per day, in English, Spanish and TTY.
Non-emergency requests for police service include reports of non-violent disputes, disturbances, loud parties, gang activity, loud noise (noise complaints), loud radio or TV, drunk/intoxicated person(s), drug/narcotic use, racing cars/motorcycles, non-injury traffic accidents/collisions, loitering, refusing to leave, ringing house, car or business alarms, illegal vendors, minor complaints, nuisances, off hour construction permits and on-going problems. (see service details for list of Los Angeles Municipal Code violations.
To report crime anonymously, CALL 1 800 78 CRIME or Visit WETIP.COM
To submit an Anonymous Tip, Call 1-800-222 TIPS (8477) or Visit LACRIMESTOPPERS.COM
If you have an emergency please call 9-1-1, for non-emergencies please call 877-ASK-LAPD.

More Info: 
How Can I Report An Abandoned Car?
A person may call his or her local police station or the Parking Violations Bureau, Department of Transportation, at 1-800-ABANDON / 1-800-222-6366, to report an abandoned vehicle. An officer from the Parking Violations Bureau will be dispatched and will issue a parking citation. The officer will return after a 72-hour period. If the vehicle has not been moved, the officer will impound thevehicle. There is additional information online athttp://www.lacity-parking.org/laopm/1_800.htm.
Noise Violations
The Police Department is responsible for the enforcement of Noise Ordinance violations involving people--generated or controlled noises--which are considered disturbances of the peace.
The following is a list of Los Angeles Municipal Code (LAMC) sections of the Noise
Ordinance and a summary of the elements that constitute a violation:
41.32 LAMC-Theatre sound amplifiers audible to human ear at a distance of more than 50 ft beyond the property line of the theatre.
41.40 LAMC-Construction before 7:00 a.m. or after 9:00 p.m., Mon-Fri, or before 8:00 a.m. or after 6:00 p.m., Saturdays. NO CONSTRUCTION ON SUNDAYS; except individual homeowner.
41.57 LAMC-Loud and raucous noise anytime from sound making or sound amplifying device in his/her control (conditions apply).
41.58 LAMC-Loud Party
53.63 LAMC-Barking Dogs (enforecment by Dept of Animal Regulations 888-452-7381)
80.36.3 LAMC-Commercial trucks idling near a construction site before 6:30 a.m. (Rubbish trucks exempt see 113.01)
112.01 LAMC-Loud TV's, stereo's, musical instruments, amplified music at any time.
112.04 LAMC-Powered equipment and other devices before 7:00 a.m. and after 10:00 p.m.
112.05 LAMC-Maximum level of powered equipment or hand tools between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.
112.06 LAMC-Places of entertainment (warning sign required if noise level exceeds 96 dBA).
113.01 LAMC-Refuse or garbage collection within 200 ft of a residence prohibited before 6:00 a.m. and after 9:00 p.m.
114.01 LAMC-Vehicle repairs before 8:00 a.m. or after 8:00 p.m.
114.02 LAMC-Unreasonable operation of a motor vehicle anytime (idling long periods, racing engine, etc., in a residential area)
114.03 LAMC-Vehicles loading or unloading before 7:00 a.m. or after 10:00 p.m. within 200 ft of a residence.
114.04 LAMC-Audible signaling device operated within residential zone or within 500 ft, heard for a distance greater than 200 ft for any purpose.
114.05 LAMC-Audible advertising device operated within 200 ft of any residential building between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. while operating a catering truck.
115.02 LAMC-Amplified sound, loudspeakers, music, etc., including vehicles.
116.01 LAMC-Loud, unnecessary, and unusual noise anytime.
Off Hour Construction Permit
Off hour construction permits can be obtained by writing to the Police Commission, attention Board Secretary, at 150 North Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles, California, 90012. In your correspondence please include the date, time and location of the construction and a telephone number and/or address of a contact person. Allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing. For further questions contact the Board Secretary at (213) 485-3531
Reporting Illegally Parked Cars
Contact the Parking Violations Bureau, Department of Transportation, at 213-485-4184 or 818-752-5100 or 1-800-ABANDON / 1-800-222-6366, and an officer will be dispatched. If the personwho reported the illegally parked vehicle lives at the location, goes out to meetthe officer, and explains to them that he or she lives at the location and cannotleave the driveway due to its being blocked, the officer can impound the vehicle.
There is additional information online at http://www.lacity-parking.org/laopm/1_800.htm.
What Can I Do About My Noisy Neighbors?
A noisy neighbor may create a disturbance by having a loud television,stereo, or radio. These types of complaints are best handled by calling 877 ASK-LAPD. Officers from your local police station will respond to the reported location to resolve the noise complaint.The Noise Enforcement Team (NET) is responsible for the investigation of complaints of ongoing and aggravated noise which require monitoring withsound level meters or which are of a habitual nature. Common examples are on-going early construction, business deliveries and early morning trash pick up before 7:00 A.M. The Noise Enforcement Team can be reached at 213-996-1251 during normal business hours.
877 ASK-LAPD, Communications Metro Dispatch Center
100 W 1st St
Los Angeles, CA 90012

TDD: (877) 275-5273

800: (877) 275-5273  Ext. 1-877-ASK-LAPD

CTX: (213) 928-8213

CTX: (213) 928-8213

800: (877) 275-5273

No email address provided.
No hours of operation provided.

311 Service Feedback Form

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.